o Remarks
o Past Postings
O Works
o Downloadable Papers
o List of Publications
o Conference/Workshop Presentations
o Invited Talks
o Abstracts
O Works by other linguists (downloadable papers included)
o Works by Ayumi Ueyama (including her 1998 thesis)
o Works by J.-R. Hayashishita
o Works by Teruhiko Fukaya
o Works by Satoshi Kinsui
o Other Works
LINKS
O Dept of Ling, USC

O Ayumi Ueyama's webpage (written mostly in Japanese)
O Satoshi Kinsui's webpage (written mostly in Japanese)
O Jason Merchant's webpage
You can e-mail me at: hoji [at] usc.edu
Mailing address
Department of Linguistics
University of Southern California
Los Angeles, California 90089-1693
U.S.A.
Past Postings
@
Subjects (Tree) Subjects (Date) Postings (List)

[37261] Hajime Hoji Jun/23/2009 (Tue) 05:56
The 2009 Keio Colloquium Presentation
The handout for my Keio talk:
June 17 2009
Keio University
"Generative Grammar as an Empirical Science: its goal and how it can be pursued\with some historical reflections" is here: Keio Talk

The "Examples-only" handout, only a very small portion of which was made use of during my presentation at Keio, is here: Keio Examples

The handout used for my Tohokudai talk:
June 12, 2009
Tohoku University
"Toward A Scientific Study of the Language Faculty: a proposal and implications" is here: Tohoku Talk1

I gave two more talks at Tohoku University, one on 6/13 and the other on 6/15. The Keio talk is a revised version of the Tohoku talk given on 6/15 (henceforth, Tohoku Talk3) although the Keio handout contains some materials from the Tohoku talk on 6/13 (henceforth Tohoku Talk1).

Tohoku Talk1, which was based on the talks I gave at Kyoto University and Kyuusyu University in May 2009, was meant to be a presentation of some of the core aspects of the proposal in my book manuscript A Foundation of Generative Grammar as an Empirical Science (under review). Tohoku Talk3 was meant to address more general issues surrounding what is addressed in Talk1 without getting into the details.

During the presentation at Keio, I skipped many of the materials on the handout. Those who are interested in the core proposal covered in Tohoku Talk1 might want to take a look at "Tohoku Talk1" as well; see above.

Under this thread, I will try to post remarks on the Tohoku and Keio talks, including some of the questions and comments during the presentations and what I think went wrong.

References :
  No References

Follow-Ups :
 No Follow-Ups